1. Respecting your privacy
We are committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to our business and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices about the personal information of individuals who may acquire our goods or services or interact with a Touched by Yoga online site such as [email protected], specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to below.
2. Who are we?
In this policy, ‘we’ and ‘Touched by Yoga’ are Touched by Yoga Pty Ltd ABN 98 167 749 288 of 50 Rouse Street, PORT MELBOURNE VIC 3207 AUSTRALIA
3. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is generally limited to your email or other social media address you provide at the time of communicating with us. Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information from time to time. Examples are health information you consent to provide when enrolling in any of our yoga instruction sessions.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
4. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in any special promotions we may offer;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make contact with us.
We may also collect non-sensitive personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the non-sensitive personal information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests and promote our services to you. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. There is a lot of information available about how cookies work and how to change your browser’s cookie preferences. For example, see https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/alert-service/all-about-cookies-and-your-privacy-sso-alert-priority-low [“All about cookies and your privacy”].
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
5. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to process your participation in Touched by Yoga services; to promote Touched by Yoga services and to assist in investigating any enquiries or complaints you may make.
We disclose personal information we collect for those purposes, and for incidental purposes. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to Touched by Yoga service providers and to those who assist us to provide yoga instruction.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. We do not use your sensitive personal information for marketing purposes. Your other personal information is only ever used or disclosed for our own purposes, and those of Touched by Yoga service providers and instructors. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of anonymous data for various data analytics purposes.
6. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please email us at [email protected] or call us on +61 (0)412790880
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Correction: If you need to correct personal information we hold, please contact us at one of the above contact points.
How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, we will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Australian Information Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination. We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in;
- For disclosures between our companies, service providers and instructors. Our main business location is in Australia but some of these others may be based in other countries from time to time; and
- When our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location.
9. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy only. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us. We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
10. More information
Last updated: 11 May 2018